Data erasure products
Outline of MagWiper MW-30000X Degausser
This product will completely erase data from B4/A4-size notebook PCs using a powerful magnetic force without the need to dismantle the PC to remove the hard disk. Data are completely erased and unrecoverable.
Erase data from intact notebook PCs
You can also erase data from B4 notebooks without dismantling them. This is a more efficient way to erase because there is no need to extract the HDD.
These MagWiper degaussers are the first in the world to use the diagonal magnetization system.
This system erases both PMR and LMR HDDs, and in the case of the PMR, improves the efficiency of data erasure by 50% (maximum) over conventional erasure methods.
In addition to hard drives, it will erase data instantly (0.1 second) from other magnetic recording media, including tapes (LTO, DAT, etc.) and floppy disks.
* The unit must be charged for 25 seconds to create the magnetic field required to erase data.
[Diagonal magnetization system] * An industry first
This method enables efficient erasure of magnetic data from modern perpendicular magnetic-recording HDDs. The system has 50% greater erasing capacity than conventional methods. The term “diagonal magnetization system” refers to the use of diagonal magnetization across the platter surface that contains the magnetic material. Perpendicular magnetic recording is now frequently used in large-capacity HDDs. Advanced Design is the first company in the world to use the diagonal magnetization system in degaussers. (Patented in the US and Japan)
Degaussing works with all kinds of magnetic-recording media, including hard disks, tape and floppy disks to erase/destroy data using a strong magnetic force. Instantly erases data regardless of OS, storage capacity, interface (IDE, SCSI) and also sanitizes damaged hard disks.
With conventional degaussers, it is not possible to tell how much magnetic field has been applied to individual media and no way of knowing if an insufficient magnetic field has been generated to erase data. To assist companies in determining internal standards, we provided an industry first by adding a magnetic force checking function to enable visual observation of the force of the magnetic field generated.
Degaussers are the most effective way to erase data from all kinds of magnetic-recording media, including physically disabled hard disks and digital tape coated with magnetic material, without relying on a media interface.
They are very effective in preventing data leaks. Total data erasure is achieved in an instant regardless of storage capacity, facilitating rapid sanitization of a large number of hard drives.
The large chamber size of the MW-30000X means you can erase data from many HDDs simultaneously.
Simultaneous processing capacity of MW-30000X
|Type of HDD||Simultaneous erasing capacity|
Features of MagWiper MW-30000X Degausser
- Feature 1:Large chamber allows you to erase magnetic data from a B4-size notebook PC intact (100% degaussing)
- The large 315mm (W) × 90mm (H) × 364mm (D) chamber holds many HDD and tapes, enabling erasure of this large number of media simultaneously. You can even erase the data from a B4-size or A4-size notebook PC without removing the HDD.
- Feature 2:World's first degausser using a diagonal magnetization system! (patented in the US, Japan)
- This product incorporates the diagonal magnetization system, the most effective for erasing data from perpendicular magnetic-recording HDDs, improving erasing efficiency by roughly 50% over conventional methods. (raising the maximum field intensity equivalent to 1,200 KA/m.)
- Feature 3:Magnetic force checking function * An industry first
- The monitor displays the strength of the magnetic field after it is generated. The ability to check the strength of the magnetic field each time improves the reliability of the erasing operation.
- Feature 4:Can also use to erase magnetic data stored on tape
- Erases cartridge tapes, including open reel, LTO/DAT/DLT/CMT/9940/3592/VHS, as well as floppy disks and other magnetic-recording media in one speedy operation.
- Feature 5:Facilitates centralized management and control (key entry system)
- To enhance safety, this model will not function without insertion of a power key in the front panel. The power key remains in the care of a manager to prevent illicit erasure of data and accidents.
- Feature 6:Comes with a special mobile lifter (as an option)
- The special lifter improves operational efficiency by enabling you to move the unit safely from one site to another without the need to load and unload it on a mover each time.
- Feature 7:Results of MFM (magnetic force microscope) measurement
- 2.5-inch hard disk HTS545050B9A300 model (made by HGST)
Degaussing management system (option)
Simple way to convert the erasure record (log) into a database.
Improves erasing efficiency and helps prevent human error during operations.
Provides a simple way for anyone to store the erasure log as a database by using a barcode reader to scan product information on the hard disk surface. Then simply place the media in the MagWiper degausser and press the erase button. The barcode reader automatically captures the hard disk part number (P/N) and serial number (S/N), eliminating the risk of transcription errors that can occur with manual inputting.
Incorporates an erasure log management function.
Provides an easy way to search, check and print out details of erasure operations.
By registering user information in advance, you can view the logs of operations performed by the relevant user. Select any log from the list to check that no operational steps have been missed or to perform additional registrations. You can also get a CSV-format readout or list of detailed information about the erasure record.
* Some previously shipped models do not support all options. Please contact us for details.
MagWiper MW-30000X Degausser Product Specs
|Product name||MagWiper All In One|
|Erasable media||B4 notebook PCs (sizes up to B4), hard disks (including thick hard disks), open reel, LTO,
DDS/DAT, DLT, CMT, 9940, 3592, AIT, VHS, FD, others.
* Please contact us regarding magnetic media that are not listed.
|Hard disk recording formats supported||Perpendicular magnetic recording, longitudinal magnetic recording|
|Charging time||25 seconds|
|Data erasing time||0.1 second|
|Magnetic field generated||800 kA/m (approximately 10,000 Oe)|
|Power requirements||AC100V 50/60Hz|
(maximum when charging)
|External dimensions||21.7 (W) × 18.2 (H) × 26.4 (D) inches|
|Erasable area/ chamber area||12.4 (W) × 3.5 (H) × 14.3 (D) / 12.4 (W) × 3.5 (H) × 14.3 (D) inches|
|Weight||143kg / 315lbs|
|Operating environment||5°–35°C (41°–95°F), humidity 20–80% (condensation-free environment)|
|Accessories||HDD tray, all-purpose tray
AC power cable, usage instructions, warranty